BREAKING! The latest version of the VMS Newsletter is here:
Message from the Chair:
This year’s Chair is Gerrianne Schaad. Kim Andersen is our Chair-elect and Laura Treat, Irlanda Jacinto, and Emily Vinson are the members at large.
We hope everyone had a great meeting in Atlanta. For those of you who missed it, the minutes of the business meeting can be found on the resources page.
Also, Council did decide to eliminate the distinction between section and roundtable. The following points will be finalized in the coming months. More information as we get it.
- Eliminate the distinction between sections and roundtables.
- SAA members may join as many groups as they choose.
- Nonmembers may be list participants on up to three discussion lists.
- All groups will be required to:
- – Have standardized bylaws.
- – Submit information about the group’s annual meeting by March 1.
- – Conduct an online election annually, with submission of a slate by June 1.
- – Submit an annual report and complete leader roster by September 1.
- – Respond to Council requests for research, advice, and expert comments.
- New groups may be formed as they are now, with submission of a petition signed by 100 SAA members.
- Groups may be discontinued if they don’t meet one or more of the requirements. This will happen only following significant discussion with the groups’ leaders.
- Staff will continue to investigate software options to support more robust online communities.
Meanwhile if you share your favorite photographs, please use the hashtag #saavms, and you’ll share with the whole VM section.