There are many ways to communicate with your colleagues in the Visual Materials Section:
Join us on Facebook.
On Twitter, tweet @SAAVMS if you want to say something directly to us, or use our hashtag #SAAVMS if you have a question, photo, or comment to share with the whole community.
On Instagram, tag pictures of your visual collection materials with #saavms, and follow us @SAAVMS where we’ll share your tagged images with our followers!
The SAA Visual Materials Section listserv:
- This listserv allows your Section leaders to broadcast official announcements regarding Section business to you and other Section members, including notices of Section elections and the availability of new editions of Section newsletters; and it provides an OPTIONAL interactive discussion forum for Section members.
- Subscriptions to this list are automatically managed by SAA‘s member database. You are subscribed to the list when you join the Section. You may view and modify all of your list subscriptions by logging into the SAA website at: http://saa.archivists.org/
- If you do not know your log-in information, you may search for your SAA profile and retrieve your username and password at http://saa.archivists.org/
- You may send messages to other members of this list by addressing your posts to: email@example.com
VM/VMCAR listserv (VisualMat is an independent listserv open to non-SAA visual materials professionals):
- For a listserv description and terms of participation, CLICK HERE
- To subscribe, unsubscribe, and manage your subscription, CLICK HERE
- To send messages to the list, the address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the subscribed account is no longer active or accessible to you, contact the list manager: James Eason